I know that depending on your reasons for wanting to eat healthy, there are MANY more than just five reasons for the question Why Eat Healthy. I am going to simply and quickly break it down into five reasons:
1. You will have more energy! Wow, isn’t this what we all want? Healthy foods usually will not give you the roller coaster ride that processed and sugar-filled foods will. Whole foods such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains in healthy snacks and breads, and foods with a healthy amount of lean protein are not only more healthy, but they keep your blood sugar pretty stable throughout the day, which equals more energy for you!
2. Increase your immunity! Eating healthy will directly correlate to your overall health. You will then be able to fight off and maybe even avoid common illnesses such as colds, the flu, and sinus infections. More importantly though, you will also reduce your risk for major illnesses and diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
3. You will look better! Even if you are not “overweight”, you might have more fat than you realize. A healthy diet will lower your BMI, improve your skin and skin elasticity, your nails and hair, and even your teeth!
4. You set a good example for your loved ones and kids. This is a big one for me. What are you teaching your kids, or, if you are young, are you following in your parent’s footsteps? How do they eat, are they healthy? Just some food for though here, but the way you choose to eat will rub off on others!
5. And last, you will simply live longer, and have greater opportunities to enjoy life more.
There are many other reasons as to why eat healthy. You may already have a disease and want to manage it, you may be pregnant, or you may want to simply just feel better. Whatever your reasons, eating healthy should be a way of life and not just a few weeks here and there!